Saturday, July 31, 2010

Backdoor Playhouse Light/Sound Booth Remodel

    Experience doesn't usually find you. Gaining valuable experience takes initiative. When you see a potential opportunity for learning, experience, and character building you have to go for it.
    That is how I gained the chance to design the new light and sound booth for "The Backdoor Playhouse" theatre at Tennessee Tech University. My theater professor told the class that they would be getting a new light booth within the next year, so I quickly offered my free design assistance.
    An architect and project manager, Mary, has aided me through the design process, construction meetings, and decision making. This hands-on experience has taught me much more about the design process than reading it on paper ever could: the collaboration with contractors, clients, architects, and electricians, the changes made throughout, and the time involved.


Original Light Booth being torn down.                   







1 comment:

  1. This already looks like a more efficient design! Looks good Jess.

    ReplyDelete