Saturday, July 31, 2010

Internship

    I spent this summer interning at Habitat for Humanity.

    Helping in the design of the new Habitat subdivision named "New Hope"



                              Choosing exterior colors for homes. 
 

Created a brochure informing the public about Habitat's participation in Energy Star and Earth Craft building techniques


Other projects I worked on: 
  • Inventory and organization of the construction warehouse.
  • How to manuals for Habitat volunteers on shed and deck building. 
  • A class for homeowners called "Decisions, Decisions" teaching good decision making skills and goal setting, that I will be teaching in the fall.
  • Home maintenance calender for homeowners.
  I have more than enjoyed my experience a Habitat for Humanity. Everyone made me feel like part of the Habitat family from day one. I gained great experience and will continue to work with Habitat in the future.  



No comments:

Post a Comment